Position Type: Permanent
IT MindFinders is conducting a search for a Manager, Information Services on behalf of our client, a non-profit organization located in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Business Systems, the Project Office Manager is responsible for the excellent conduct of projects. Utilizing the project office resources, the Project Management Methodology (PMM), the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and the Quality Assurance team, he/she guides project managers and teams to maximize the effectiveness of project delivery.
- Oversee the governance of projects, ensuring “no-surprises” delivery and adherence to good practice
- Assess and continuously improve Project Management Methodology and Software Development Life Cycle
- Manage the Project Office, including directing of project administration, portfolio reporting, resource coordination, capacity planning, and other coordinating activities as required
- Participate in budgeting and planning processes, applying strategic and operational thinking as required
- Collaborate and act as an advocate with project office personnel to maximize project effectiveness across the group of companies
- Enhance the overall quality of Business Systems projects and products by leading the Quality program.
- Manage the Software Quality Assurance Group and leverage the abilities of the group to substantially improve efficiency of testing
- Improve the effectiveness of testing processes, including automation of testing as appropriate.
Must Have Skills and Requirements:
- Extensive understanding of project management methodology and software development life cycle
- Understanding of software testing processes
- Knowledge of banking system applications
- Excellence in leadership, coaching and mentoring, and communication
- Business savvy, self-motivated, can-do attitude
- Superior writing skills including the completion of professional quality reports, communications, procedures, etc.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Sound organizational and time management skills and ability to meet tight project timelines, working with interruptions and changing priorities
- Knowledge of best practices and current project management teachings
- Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration
- Experience managing a Project Office within a structured environment and using a well-defined project management methodology
- Experience in developing and/or significantly enhancing project management methodology
- Minimum of 10 years in the IT industry in a management or project manager role
- Experienced in customer/account management preferred
- Minimum of 3 years working in the financial services industry
Interested candidate should submit their resumes in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high response of applicants, IT MindFinders regrets that we will not be able to personally reply to each applicant.