Location: Richmond, BC
Position Type: Permanent
IT MindFinders is conducting a search for a Project Manager on behalf of our client located in Richmond, BC. Reporting to the Team Lead, the Project Manager will coordinate the installation and implementation of a complex information system and entails approximately 60% travel throughout North America.
As a front line representative of our client, the Project Manager will ensure that system implementations are completed on time and to customers' high expectations. This may require investigation and resolution of computer software and hardware issues with third party vendors and other members of the Project Manager's team. This is a demanding position requiring someone with excellent problem solving skills and who can resolve complex technical and workflow issues while managing multiple responsibilities consisting of the following:
- responsible for all aspects of implementing installations at client’s sites which includes verifying and confirming specifications, workflow analysis, best practice recommendation, system configuration, interfacing to other vendor’s products, testing, go-live, and training.
- manage project issues, configuration, obstacles, timeline, scheduling, planning, organization, and deliverables.
- resolve all issues with client and other vendors that affect timely completion of project.
- provide and review customer required documentation (e.g. project plans and site specification documents).
- communicate effectively by providing periodic reports, briefings and ensuring all key parties are informed of the project status.
- document customer’s environment such as site-specific configurations.
- work with application team to create training programs for customers.
- suggest actions to improve company procedures, and solutions to installation problems (e.g. checklists, and procedures).
- strong organizational planning, project management, time management, and interpersonal skills
- highly motivated and detail-oriented
- experienced in managing multifaceted implementations
- team player
- excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- perform well under pressure and tight deadlines
- proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- sound project management, communication skills, and hands-on technical skills are required.
- post graduate degree in Science, IT or equivalent, College/Computer Technical Specialist certificate, PMP certificate, or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years project management experience.
Interested candidates please email a resume in MS Word format to email@example.com