Position:Director, Product Development
Location: Vancouver, BC
Position Type: Permanent
IT MindFinders is conducting a search for a Director, Product Development on behalf of our client located in downtown Vancouver. As the Director, you will mentor, coach and motivate the software development team; manage the implementation of development processes, tools, techniques and standards; champion best practices by developing programs to disperse knowledge and skills (development methods, estimating, debugging etc); manage the career development of the collective team; work collaboratively with the Chief Software Architect to ensure design documents are complete, deliverable and supported.
· Manage a department of 30+ developers dispersed across 10+ projects/products in two cities
· Develop classes and programs to disperse best practices throughout the organization to ensure consistency and quality
· Enforce coding standards and seek for ways to constantly improve
· Mentor, coach and guide development Team Leads
· Work with current and external partners to ensure deliverables are defined and delivered successfully
· Provide expert advice on code reviews, task estimations, etc.
· University degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
· A minimum of 8 years of progressive IT experience with an emphasis on people management/leadership and planning
· A minimum of 3 years of staff management and/or team lead experience in a matrix organization
· Demonstrated knowledge in software design, web application development, and project management
· Ability to motivate a team to achieve the defined vision and product objectives while balancing business priorities through collaboration with senior management
· Ability manage a team remotely
· A passion for technology and software development methodology
Interested applicants please send a resume in MS Word format directly to: