Reporting to the CIO, Technical Services Director leads, directs and manages a technical team that provides the organization with Help Desk services, Network and Systems Administration Support.
Under the leadership of the Director, the technical team is also responsible to conduct research, provide analysis and recommendations for improving technical solution delivery and tracking innovative industry trends.
The ideal candidate will have a background as a senior manager in a distributed environment such as retail, insurance, banking or distribution as well as having managed a minimum of two levels of direct reports.
Manage the overall operation and maintenance of the Technical Services support team with responsibility for infrastructure, network, systems performance, tuning and new technology implementations, service upgrades, enhancements and rollouts.
Ensures effective staff utilization to meet internal IT project priorities, service levels and work requirements.
Supervise, coach and mentor Technical team and conduct performance appraisals and evaluations.
Perform as a Project Manager for IT related projects and services
Manage and oversee all technical solution research and analysis for the evaluation and delivery of new enterprise level computing products, services and technology.
Assist with corporate backup and disaster recovery procedures and standards.
Promote and ensure compliance with company standards, initiatives, policies and agreements.
Build rapport and work in partnership with other department and peer group leaders.
Assist CIO with budget development and provide business cases that include cost control, timelines, ROI and asset utilization.
Develop, maintain and manage the business relationships with of external vendors as well as ensure that Service Level Agreements are effectively administered.
Make recommendations to create revenue, reduce costs or take advantage of business and technical opportunities by remaining current on new technologies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Post secondary degree or Technical School graduate
- Minimum 6 years experience managing technical department resources
- Minimum 8 - 10 years experience working with computer hardware and systems technology as well as commercial voice and data network systems
- Strong financial and business accumen.
- Thorough understanding of division management within a corporate structure
- Experienced in financial analysis and business case development
- Excellent understanding of project management and project life cycles
- Broad knowledge and expertise in technology focused business practices.
- Solid understanding of web accessed applications and eCommerce solutions
- Superior spoken and written language ability, interpersonal skills
- Track record of successful negotiation skills
- Strong organizational, delegation and administrative skills
- Functional knowledge of budget planning cost control, capital/expense approval and management procedures required.
Interested candidates please respond with your resume in MS WORD format directly to:
Please include bullet points that address the above position requirements and demonstrate your personal results/contributions.