- Prepare a long-term plan for Web site development and presence, including standards and guidelines for content.
- Coordinate and perform the planning, maintenance, and accessibility of the companies several Web sites’ in a way that ensures the consistency of the look and feel. This includes designing, building, and implementing new Web pages and sites; integrating sites with back end applications
- Create and maintain a consistent Web site architectural structure.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new Web features and applications in conjunction with business leaders and department managers.
- Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document Web applications using appropriate editors.
- Ensure a consistent look and feel across all company Web sites by promoting uniform fonts, formatting, icons, images, and layout, and creating appropriate templates to assist content authors.
- Find, diagnose, and fix Web site problems, including broken links typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies.
- Participate in the development and integration of graphical and multimedia components into the Web site, including audio and video, with due regard paid to appropriate compression techniques, resolution, sizes, color maps, and depths to ensure high quality and speed of delivery.
- Perform cost-benefit analyses of proposed Web implementations.
- Manage the acquisition and ongoing maintenance of the organization’s domain names with the appropriate registrars.
- Identify, implement, and manage Web site presence and promotion opportunities, such as search engine registration and optimization and establishing pointer links from other relevant Web sites Monitor, analyze, and report on Web site traffic.
Must Have Skills
- Ideally a Microsoft Certified Systems/Application Developer (MCSD/MCAD) qualification and/or post secondary Information Technology Diploma (or higher).
- 3+ years dedicated experience in web site development and administration.
- Excellent knowledge of software development methodologies and processes and have lead web development projects.
- Excellent knowledge and ability within computer graphic and multimedia design.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills Understanding of basic project management principles.
- Hands-on experience with Web-database integration (SQL).
- Good research and investigative skills.
- Capacity to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively independently or with others in a team environment. Strong understanding of communications, marketing, and customer service principles.
- The ability to embrace change and actively look to enhance and improve current processes.
- Citrix / Terminal Server
- End-user applications